Saturday, March 27, 2010

Another Slice

On Monday I'll be starting yet another new job. I'm going to be a payroll and staffing coordinator for a corporation. So how did I find myself right back where I swore I would never be again-working for a corporation??

The jobs I had before where I was trying to save the world were wonderful because I was helping people, but they didn't fit my lifestyle needs on so many levels. Social workers work all crazy sorts of hours, have no help from the state, and are terribly underpaid.

I need some stability (i.e. set hours) right now, because I am starting my graduate courses for my Masters. I have to have time to do the assignments and learn. I also need a little more money to be as financially stable as I would like to be.

Does leaving a job because I want more stability and I need a little more green make me a selfish, money grubbing bitch? Absolutely not. It's good that I am learning what I need to get myself established early on in life. I have to do what's right for ME now if I am ever going to be in a place to do anything great to help others in the future.

And as for working for the big bad wolf corporation, all businesses and corps. aren't created equal. I have found one that is more on the ethical side than the dark side lol. Things always work themselves out for good for those who have good intentions.

Yours Truly,
Gabby Baby

No comments: