Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Guess This Is Growing Up

I always swore to myself that I would never be that person. This person; the one I feel that I am slowly becoming. I always promised myself I would never be that square, 9-5 working, predictable, routine-living, professional, suit and heel wearing, in the bed by 11pm, workaholic....adult. Ewww. I feel old. Even though I love my job and it has major perks, I can't help but feel its restraints starting to weigh down on my naturally free spirit and playful lifestyle. I am even forced to keep a job-issued Blackberry tethered to my hip at all times because of my job, and all the funky colored hairbows and Betsey Johnson charms in the world can't make up for that. Sigh. I am just scared of losing my loud, colorful, fun self and turning into a plain vanilla "all business type." IDK, I just feel like I am fighting tooth and nail against the grain. Lol, I guess this is how Lady Gaga feels; only I would never wear a bird's nest around my face. I wonder if Me and this new life can exist simultaneously. I hate having to just wait til the weekends to unwind and be the real me. Well, I guess this is just part of growing up?

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

poeticsoul_85 said...

aww hon!! I'm sorry you're stressed and concerned...but believe me, a cell and suit aren't gonna change you hehe! Don't ya worry, you rock and inspire wherever you go, and you helped me to believe in myself. That is simply you :))) just have fun when ya can, go with the flow, trust in the Lord, and see what happens ;) love you.