Sunday, February 7, 2010

Love Story

I've been working my job as a family support social worker for almost a week now, and I totally love it. I now finally know why I was put here on Earth. Helping children is an amazing feeling, and it's such a blessing to be able to help families. I've already met so many wonderful people.

The kids are adorable! My co-workers are awesome! The foster parents are friendly and helpful! I love working with all age kids, but I really love the little babies. They are so damn precious! I don't think I'm ever going to work in any other field again. Now I understand why I never felt complete working in D.C.

I think the only way I would ever go back to politics is if I was to become an advocate or lobbyist for children's' rights. I feel like I have 10 kids of my own because I'm already so attached to them. I couldn't ask for a better occupation. Plus, I can't wait to get to work each morning and that feels good:)


Sincerely,
Gabrielle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Gabby,

What a lovely post. It is totally heartwarming to hear from someone who has found the thing they love to do. And how lucky for all the kids and families you will touch.

Bless you,
Pam