Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Can See It In Your Eyes

It feels like I haven't blogged in forever and some days, but I hope you will forgive me for my absence. I have been sitting at the proverbial fork in the road. I quit my job as a Marketing Executive a little over 3 weeks ago and I haven't looked back since. It wasn't right for me.

Most people would look at me and say that I have failed four times on my road to finding a career ( I have quit 4 jobs since finishing my internship last Winter). I just say that I haven't failed-I have simply found four ways that don't work.

I am not the type of person who gets down easy. And I am certainly not the type of person who stays down and wallows in self-pity. However, these past few months have been taxing on me emotionally, as well as mentally. They would be on anyone.

I have gotten frustrated, gotten mad, I have cried, yelled at myself, asked God why?, and even seen a therapist. The first four didn't help anything, The Lord told me so that I can appreciate my true purpose more, and the therapist told me it was normal for people my age to be confused about what they wanted to do in life, but not to get discouraged because I will eventually stumble on what I am meant to do, and learn as much as I can along the way (I spent $60 and spent an hour sitting on an ugly sofa for him to tell me that...geez...AND I hit a curb on the way there and lost a hubcap. Don't worry- I got it fixed).

I have never really had this issue before. I have always known exactly what I wanted and what I needed to do to get there. I thought I had a crystal clear idea of what direction I wanted career-wise. Now I see that I'm just left with a clear view of what I don't want as a career. I have been doing a lot of soul-searching and talking to those close to me, and I've decided I am just going to have to follow my first dream-no matter how impractical it may seem.

I have always been an unconventional person accomplishing great things through unconventional means. So, it only makes sense that I would have to have an unconventional career as opposed to careers that have cookie-cutter standards. My unwavering, life long love has been the performing arts, and I tend to turn my life long love affair into a career. Wish me luck and send prayers<3

With Love,
Gabby

No comments: