Friday, August 21, 2009

Run Me Around Town.

So yesterday I made a run (not literally of course lol) to Daytona to pick up two letters of recommendations for more grad school applications that two of my former professors wrote for me. I felt so sick the whole day though. Ewwww, I felt like I was gonna puke and pass out the whole day. Not fun. However, I did manage to get some more shopping for professional dress suits done, in between the running of a thousand other various little errands. I also had a long conversation with one of my all time favorite professors, Dr. Jackson. He's always a riot lol. The Daily Commercial in Leesburg called my cell yesterday, and they are also running my story in their paper. When I get the details I will post when it will run. I am happy about all this coverage because I really have worked hard to get where I am. With hard work, determination, and God on your side, you are an unstoppable force. Always remember that. Oh, I have another piece of good news. I went to the orthodontist Tuesday, and guess what- I don't have to have my wisdom teeth out after all!!! Yay! That is a blessing and relief in itself.


*Sidenote: Btw, I have been so disgusted with all the "news" and weird "facts" and stuff the papers and news channels have been reporting on Michael Jackson. Now all of a sudden, after the man is dead and no longer here to defend himself, there are all these strange characters coming from only God knows where, claiming everything from that they have had a homosexual encounter with the late popstar, to MJ was taking 40 Xanax pills each night before bedtime. Yeah. Because we all know that if you take 40 of ANY pill you'll be waking up the next morning (total sarcasm at work there). *Gabby rolls eyes* People are obviously trying to cash in on his freak persona that the media has created. It's so sad that even after a person is dead, they can still be drug through the dirt and ostracized. People just need to leave this Black man and his family alone; and let him be buried and rest in peace finally.

2 comments:

bumblebea said...

Agree with you on the MJ stuff. Congrats on your reommendation letter.

Camielle said...

Congrats on getting your story in the paper! I also agree about the stuff about Michael. I want the media to let that man rest in peace.