Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trash The Media

I've often heard people describe the media as a "necessary evil." I definitely see where the evil part comes in, but not the former. Without the mass media to divide our nation and make us hate other members of the human race, people would be more likely to discard biases and take a chance at loving in a new way. I have begun a boycott of my own against television and radio newscasts and commentary talk shows. The reason is because they just bend the facts to make it whatever they need it to be to serve their purpose. In other words, the want people to see and believe half truths and whole lies. With the media leading our nation instead of love, we will never get past other evils such as racism, ageism, homophobia, etc. The answer is simple to me, throw out the media to break its hold on us and then we will be able to start a true healing process. So I hope others will follow my example and throw the media's garbage out like the trash it is. Give love a chance and trash them like they trash talk morals, values, honesty, and integrity. Trash the media.

No comments: