Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homesick

So last night I talked to my mom and dad like I do everyday, and my mom told me that my pets still seem sad that I left. I know it must sound silly, but I cried when I got off the phone with her because I feel like I abandoned them to come to DC. The thought of my cats and my little chihuahua Pookie Bella crying and acratching at my closed room door, looking for me on the bed and at my office computer work station, and wagging their tail and purring when they hear my voice on the speaker phone when I phone home just tears at me. I hope they understand that I am not abandoning them and I will be back very soon. I feel a bit comforted knowing the fact that animals have no concept of time like humans do.

They won't know I have been absent for months. But I do imagine that if me walking out the front door to talk to my neighbor for 10 minutes seems like a lifetime to them (and it must because everytime I would step out momentarily and return, they would act like they hadn't seen me for 30 years lol), then 4 months must seem like an eternity. I am going home to visit in October though:) I also go home for Thanksgiving for 5 days. After Thanksgiving I only have like 3 weeks left of my internship. I miss my family and friends a lot too, but I raised my animals and I am their primary care taker, so I really have a special attachment to them. My family is doing their best to fill in for me in my absence, and they assure me that the animals still play and are adjusting to me being gone better and better each day. I just really miss them, their sweet faces, and the unconditional love and comfort they give. I can't wait to get back to see my babies.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: