Monday, September 28, 2009

Rushing to Catch Ourself

My birthday was this past Friday (September 25), and I missed celebrating with my family and friends back home. My mommy did send me flowers though:) Momma and daddy also put some extra cash ( $250) in my account for me to get myself something nice. I bought the most rad Betsey Johnson charm bracelet (But I mean really, is there anything that Betsey makes that isn't rad though??)and treated myself to some Cheesecake Factory. I also discovered that there is a World Market, Sephora, and a Bloomingdale's literally 3 stops away on the metro. How damn cool is that?!

This 23rd birthday was a milestone for me. Not only did I celebrate it here in DC, but I also realized that life moves so fast and it's real. I always knew those to be true before, but the weight of life and what's next just hit me like a rock. I had always been sheltered by my parents and school. Now, I am out here as an adult college graduate and completely by myself. It's a very humbling and scary feeling.

I remember when I was 17, and I would ways say that I can't wait to be done with school and out living my own exciting life. Well, that time is here. I am enjoying life very much, but I do often long for the simplicity and guaranteed stability that being young, in school, and living with mom and dad brings. What fools we are to try to wish life away. Enjoy each chapter of life and live it to the fullest. Plan for the future but, don't long for the future.

Sent from my iPhone