Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Suga's Been Flyin'!

Suga's Been Flyin'
I have finally made it safely to DC. I am at a great hotel called The Legacy. Getting here was a friggin' hoot, let me tell ya. From a long ass line to check my bags at OIA to a more than 2 hour delay because of a severe lightning storm. My first plane tide went well. I flew JetBlue and they were great. I ofcourse had to speak with the pilots because I was freaking out when we were boarding. Them and the flight crew were so nice to me and reassuring. I was almost totally relaxed during the ride. I watched Family Guy on the TV in the headrest in front of me like the whole time. I also listened to Michael Jackson on the ride. There was some mild to moderate turbulance, but it never lasted too long. Thank God. Our flight was supposed to be 2 hours, but our pilots got us here in an hour and a half. I even earned my wings:) I made a new friend named Anne in the chauffeured car that drove me to my hotel. She told me about all the hot spots here in DC. I can't
wait to go to the outdoor jazz picnic concerts. The shops and boutiques are cute in this area. I shall go and explore them tomorrow;) Anyways, I am sooo thankful to finally be in DC after months of preparation and the busiest week of my life leading up to today. I can't to start this new journey in a new land, and I feel so blessed to have made it here:)

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: