Saturday, November 14, 2009

2AM Thoughts

Don't ask me why I am still awake. I am so tired my eyes hurt, but I just can't seem to quiet my mind. Anyways, I have been thinking that maybe I should get a masters in Business. That plus my degree in politics would make me EXTREMELY marketable. I am really good with interacting with people and speaking with them face to face. I really enjoyed that aspect of my old job.

Now doing a complete 360 on topic, let me just say that I so love the holiday season. I love decorating, eggnog, and festive music and celebrations. But, you know something that really annoys me about the holiday season, all the extra junk mail in my mailbox. Around this time my mailbox always gets bombarded with catalogs and magazines and advertisements from almost every store on the planet. It is so annoying.

I checked the mail yesterday and as soon as I opened it 5 catalogs from Gap, some shoe store I had never even heard of, Fossil, H&M, and Kmart fell out. I only get all that shit this time of year. I am not one of those people who goes crazy and buys tons of stuff I don't need from tons of stores just because it's the holidays. Imagine how much better people's finances would be at the beginning of the new year if they just shopped normally around Christmas.

Black Friday shows just how much we Americans love to overdo it. Instead of people remembering the real reasons for the season (i.e. Jesus, family time, togetherness, charity, etc.), they focus on material stuff that doesn't last or matter. The holidays are so commercial now it's sickening. Well, I guess that's capitalism for you.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: