Saturday, November 28, 2009

I've Found The Cure To Growing Older

Since I have been back from DC, I have had 7 job interviews that produced 3 job offers. Two of them were from PR firms in Orlando, and one was for a banking consulting firm in Casselberry. They were all good jobs that payed well and offered 401Ks, pensions, and healthcare/dental benefits. But, I couldn't bring myself to accept any of them. The reason is because I have never been a person who just settles. If I am going to do something it has to be something I really want to do and feel strongly about.

I don't care about making lots of money, and I am certainly not going to do something just because I can. I have to actually want to do the job, I need to feel like I am making a positive impact on my work environment and society, and I have to actually look forward to getting work each day. I want a job that I wake up each morning and get excited because I get to go to work. I know that job is out there for me, and I am determined to find it. My parents have been super supportive of me while I try and figure out the next career move in my life, and it has kept me encouraged.

I submitted a resume, cover letter, and an application to work as a patient representative and advocate in Ocala. I also applied to be a court liaison for a nonprofit that works with children in foster care who need to be adopted. I have an interview for the former on December 2nd. I'll let you know how it goes of course.

Sent from my iPhone


Sincerely,

1 comment:

Sabreen said...

Ok, lets try this again. I just left a comment but I guess it didn't post!! Anyway, I think that's great! You can't just work for the money cuz eventually it will only be about the money and nothing else! And I'm glad you have your parents to support your decision. It's always nice to have someone in your corner who will back you up!

Good luck in all your endeavors and let us know what you did!! I'm so proud of you Gabs!!

Love from http://www.supernolaworld.com