Monday, January 11, 2010

It Takes Two

I love both of my parents dearly and would be lost without them. They've helped me through a lot. My mom is seriously my best friend. Sure, we have our little disagreements and misunderstandings (every family does), but we're always cool by the end of the day. She really is a wonderful listener, and she always tries to hear me out. I am super close to her. That's something I really appreciate since most people just half way pretend like they care and then pass judgements. My father is way different than my mom. I can certainly tell that he loves me, but he doesn't even try to see my perspective most of the time.

He's very headstrong (or what some refer to as being stubborn. He feels the way he feels and he knows what knows and that's that. I love my father. I just wish I understood him more. Anyways, I was just thinking how both of their personalities are so prevalent in me. I am a very empathetic and understanding person, but I don't let people get over on me. I tell people where to get off in the quickness lol. It was just a random thought. It made me laugh because I remember being a little girl and saying, "I'll never be like my parents." And I'm so much like them lol.

Sincerely,
Gabby

1 comment:

poeticsoul_85 said...

We are all like our parents in some ways, lol...and that can be very good :) hugs hon, I hope life's good these days. I understand how you feel about your dad, it's hard for my dad and I to get along sometimes too.