Monday, January 25, 2010

Put A Ring On It

I've loved jewelry for as long as I can remember. When I was a little girl, everytime I would go shopping with my mom to the mall or plaza, once we finished purchasing what we came for and before we started home, I would always beg my mother to go by one of the expensive jewelry stores. I loved looking at all the beautiful, sparkly pieces of jewelry behind the glass cases. The engagement/wedding ring section was always my favorite part of the stores. The rings looked so elegant and classy. They were all fit for a princess.

One day while I was staring longingly through the glass at one of the rings (I was about 7 or 8 years old), one of the salesladies (she looked to be about 65) came up to me and said, You're a very beautiful girl, and one day a man is going to see that and buy you something more beautiful than any of these." That made me smile me from ear to ear.

However, I'm beginning to think she lied... I'm starting to believe that I'm never going to find that special person. I haven't been in a relationship since my break-up with my last boyfriend in 2006. I've had a few promising prospects, but they all eventually proved to be a #FAIL. So lame.

Why is it so hard to find a guy on my intellectual level, who respects me as a person rather than an object whose main goal is to please him, who is caring, considerate, not a douchebag, and who WANTS a meaningful relationship (sex and hooking up is so often the real motivation that guys have these days)?!?? I know that I seem to be Miss Independent who doesn't mind walking alone in life, but I'm really just like everyone else; I want someone by my side to share life with. I want a happy ending like anyone else.

At the rate things are going I am starting to think that I will never find true love, and it's really starting to get to me. Is there anyone out there for me? And if so, will I ever meet them?? I have tried online dating, been on blind dates, and even done speed dating. Still I am alone going on four years now. Is my type of guy just going to drop out of the sky??

It gets really tough seeing 90% of your classmates either married, engaged, or in a long-term relationship while you seem to fail in that area. I sometimes ask myself, "What the heck is wrong with me?" The winter months (holiday season) are especially a rough time for me. I know in the back of my mind that it's not me. I am picky when it comes to who I date. I have had a good amount of suitors, but none made the cut according to me. I don't want just anybody. I want that somebody.

I just get so depressed and disheartened by always waiting to seemingly no avail.


Sincerely,
Gabby

No comments: