Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Drop Below Freezing

It has been so cold here in Florida these past two weeks! This week has been record breaking cold though. Yesterday it was in the early 40's all day. This morning it's 34*F! It's the coldest it's been in Florida since the 80's. They are saying we might even get snow flurries this weekend. Whoa. I don't know what to think of all this cold weather climate in the sunshine state. Maybe global warming has something to do with it??

Anyways, yesterday I stopped by the mall to see my Tiffany while she was on her lunch break. It was the first time I had seen her since we had dinner at Chili's last month, a week before Christmas. We finally exchanged Christmas gifts, and she bought me the most beautiful necklace!! It has grey vintage-looking pearls on a black ruffly ribbon with a bow tie in the back!! I love it! It's so classy!! I bought her an Ed Hardy tote with a girly skull and rhinestones on it. She loved it! I was so pleased. We had Nature's Table for lunch. I am now addicted to tomato basil soup lol.

I also had my interview to work as a case manager for a children protection agency. It went very well. They said they loved my energy and enthusiasm, and they assured me that they would be contacting me. I am starting to question my ability to do the job though-I am a person who gets pretty emotional and emotionally attached. I don't know if this is just my nerves or a genuine concern I should have. Anyways, I'll let you know how it pans out.

Sincerely,
Gabby

2 comments:

Sabreen said...

Unfortunately, in cases like that, you may become emotionally attached but I think with experience you'll get used to it...I'm not saying you'll be immune to emotion but I think you'll know how to handle it a better after a few cases. I'm sure you're very nervous also, but that will go away! Congratulations!! You'll be great!

Remember, you are a woman of worth!

poeticsoul_85 said...

I will be praying for God's will! I'm so proud of you hon...hugsgsss and God bless you hon :) stay warm lol ;) that sounds fun, keep enjoying life!