Thursday, December 31, 2009

In 2010 I Will...

This year I am not going to set tons of unrealistic goals for myself for the new year. I refuse to stress myself out by trying to be wonder woman and making a laundry list with all of these earth shattering, 360, life changing to-do goals on it.

I did that last year, and while I did accomplish wonderful things such as graduating from college, receiving a prestigious internship in the nation's capital, and being blessed enough to be offered three great jobs; In my own mind, I still fell short of what I wanted to accomplish for '09. Being a perfectionist and always having a "go super sized big or go home" mentality really takes a toll on me. When I feel like I am a loser or failure by not accomplishing a desired task, I tend to fall into depression. The antidepressant pill I take isn't a cure.

This year I am making things easier on my psyche and focusing on simpler, yet still important, goals. I am going to enjoy life and actually stop to take time and smell the roses (I know it sounds corny but it's true). I am going to take as much pleasure in the simple, sometimes taken for granted parts of life, as I do in the big successes and milestones. I rededicating myself to do a better job of showing those close to me how much I love them everyday. I will strive to continue doing the good things I do now better, such as adding more volunteering hours to my schedule, increasing my faith and spirituality by reading the word of God, and continuing to live a healthy lifestyle.

I am going to go into this blessed new year with a light heart, positive attitude, and with the knowledge that life isn't about chasing happiness and successes; life is about actually enjoying living and then those things will find you.

From my family to yours, have a very safe, prosperous, happy, love-filled new year! :)

Sincerely,




1 comment:

Sabreen said...

I hate resolutions, too. I say just live your life and be the best you can be. We're all human. We can't expect ourselves to be perfect. That's the amazing thing about us....we're not perfect. We're always trying to be the best and that's all we ask of you! And you're doing great!

Happy New Year!