Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Prescription For Panic Rx

I have been so much more stressed then I am usually am these last two months or so. Not only do I have to deal with stress of finding a job in my field, getting ready to attend grad school this coming year, and the regular stress of the holiday season, but I also have to deal with my family's shitty attitudes and behaviors. Let me remind you that I suffer from Anxiety Disorder with panic attacks so things that might moderately annoy a typical person without AD drive me completely up the wall and out on the roof. My family already knowing this, you would think they would try to be at least a tad bit sensitive to me, right (not just because I have AD, but because I'm a PERSON living with them) Fucking wrong! They are so disrespectful.

First, my mom thinks that just because I moved back in with them to try to better weather this recession and save money, that she gets the right to keep me confined to these four walls. When I do try to leave I find myself either assaulted by a barrage of a thousand odd questions, OR in an argument. Great options I have there. I'm 23 years old, and I lived by myself in Daytona Beach and Washington, DC!! I don't need a keeper! I have to almost sneak out to even drive to Leesburg or Orlando to meet friends or hangout. So of course it's easier to just stay in most of the time (which is what she loves) so I wind up not going out anywhere unless it's to a doctor's appointment or something else I HAVE to do, but nothing for leisure.

Yeah, I am totally going stir crazy and becoming depressed. Then, my little sister who's 18 has got this bad habit of borrowing stuff like my jewelry and my iPhone without permission of course. She thinks it's no big deal. She's extremely immature. So, it's not even worth it to argue with her over it. The most I can do is lock up my jewelry cases (which is an inconvenience when I need to get to it) and activate the passcode for my iPhone. I hope I find a job soon so maybe I can save up enough to get a condo or apartment VERY soon, because this is insane.












Sincerely,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randomly popped in and saw this blog post. Ouch.

But...

I can relate: I know how it is to be stressed out and feel like you have absolutely nobody to turn to. I meant no harm by barrowing your iPhone to play the Life application. I don't recall ever stealing jewelry from you with or without asking. No offense, but your taste in jewelry isn't my cup of tea. Anyway, I apologize. Had you been more open with me and explained how you were feeling, I would've been empathetic and left you to your own devices. Then again, I should be able to pick up on it and leave you alone anyway. My mistake. As for barging in on you, I'll only do it in moderation from now on. Pretty good new year's resolution, huh?

Anonymous said...

Spelling amendment: I meant *borrowing...not barrowing.