Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just Dance

Yesterday I went to my first jazz dance class and I loved it! I love the other gals in the class with me and the instructor (whom I've know like forever, her and my mom used to teach at the same school). The class is not only fun, but great exercise. We warm up to upbeat music (i.e. Rihanna's Breaking Dishes, one of the three songs we warmed up to last night) using jazzercise techniques.

I have been dancing and performing off and on pretty much my whole life. I did ballet and took theatre from age 4 to 11. I started playing and performing in bands and recitals with the tenor saxophone, trombone, and oboe when I was 12; and I still do play the sax. I did tap from age 15 to 19.

The main point being, that I have always loved the performing arts. I am stoked to be back dancing again. Jazz dance is super stellar. The steps and moves are cool. I can't wait til our recital comes around in June (our costumes are going to be so rad too)!


Yours Truly,












Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

poeticsoul_85 said...

Good for you, Gabs!! I remember the fun times,when I took jazz dance too! Sooo fun :) and it's so great for you, too. Where did you get your Xmas layout, hon? It's so cute (as is your signature) :)

Love, Jazzi.