Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Takes Us Nowhere

So, Miss Go Green just got back Friday, and already things are unfortunately going back to how they were before she left. I guess the Army couldn't even fix her. She's home on honorable discharge. Supposedly she couldn't qualify for shooting or something, but with the way she is I can't help but wonder if there wasn't more to it. My younger sister (she's 20 and is the middle child in the family) has got to be one of the most young minded, scatter-brained, and messiest people on Earth.

I can't believe we came from the same two people! I definitely didn't miss her hair clogging up the drains in the bathroom sink and shower. I certainly didn't miss her rude demeanor and snappy attitude. I did not miss having to go behind her in the kitchen and dining room and clean up messes of dirty plates, melted chocolate candies, smeared jam, half eaten fruit cups, and whatever other remnants of what she eats that she leaves behind.

I had to get up at the crack of dawn yesterday because she decided she wanted to go jogging at the city park, but lost her car keys. So it took me, my mom, and her over an hour to find them. When she opened my room door to ask me a question, she had mistakenly dropped them in a messenger bag that I had hanging on the back of my door... Most people notice when things slip out of their hands, especially if it's the only thing they are holding. She does and says crazy shit all the time. She irritates and pisses everyone else in the family off. Living with her is like living in a chaotic mess of a mad house 24/7. On the silver lining side, I guess her coming home from the military might be a blessing in disguise though.

If she had of made it through basic and been deployed, her short attention span, failure to pay attention to details, and overall irresponsible nature might have very well gotten her, or someone else in her unit killed. I just wonder what she is going to do now. She doesn't even have her AA degree. Hopefully she will take this as a second chance to get serious about a college education and finish her courses for her AA. I just hope she grows up before she wastes anymore time pursuing dead ends.

No comments: