Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day my fellow Americans! I hope that everyone has pool parties, fireworks, and plenty of BBQ's planned for today lol. It's great to American and I am so proud to be one. And despite America's flaws, I love it here and really couldn't picture myself living ANYWHERE else. This Independence Day is a little more special than ones in years past. Not only is today our nation's 233th birthday, it's also the first Independence Day our country has ever celebrated with a half Black man as our President.

Yay for Obama! Yay for progress! We are on the right track towards a better future, and realizing Martin Luther King's dream of an America where people are judged based on their character and not color. Just think, when the Declaration of Independence was signed on July 4, 1776, African Americans were slaves, but now there is an African American serving in the highest position in the nation (and quite possibly the world for that matter). I have never been so proud to celebrate an Independence Day as I am this year. Happy birthday America. Have a happy 4th everyone:)


No comments: