Friday, July 31, 2009

I'm Moving to D.C. Baby!

I got the job on Capitol Hill!!!! I am so so excited! Come September 8, I will be working in the highly coveted (it really is. I beat out several other applicants) position of paid intern at THE FINANCIAL SERVICES ROUNDTABLE (visit them at www.fsround.org). They are one of the largest lobbying firms in the country. They represent banks and mortgage companies overseas and in the U.S. I get to sit in on meetings with the U.S. Senate and House. I also get to go to the White House occasionally. I am going to be putting my writing skills to good use in this job too. I will have to write up reports and summaries of what went on in the meetings I attend so that the company can put it up on their website, and in pamphlets for their clients and the whole world to read about! I am so thankful to God for this opportunity! Blessings come to those who are faithful and plan for their future.

2 comments:

Yan To said...

Good luck with your new post!

Dele said...

That's great. Congrats :)