Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's So Hard To Please People

Fact: Sometimes I wish people didn't expect so much from me. It gets old. I am a regular 22 year old despite what you may think, and sometimes I just want to be allowed to be just that- a typical 22 year old gal. I am sorry that I don't have my whole fucking life planned out to a T yet, I didn't realize I was getting so fucking old so effing quickly. I'm also sorry that I haven't conquered the world yet and taken over the universe, forgive me. I am always made to feel like I have to carry the world on my shoulders all while being Ms. American Dreams and Mrs. Future President all at the same time. It really gets to me sometimes. A lot of times I feel as if you will only continue to love me as long as I continue 'to make you proud' by continuing to meet your standards of success. You don't give a damn about my feelings. Conditional love is not valuable to me at all. Newsflash: there is more to life than just federal jobs,college, 4.0 G.P.A'.s, and degrees. And you know what? I have decided that I am going to live for me and no one else. So you can either hate on it or learn to love it, because I am not going to live stressed and unhappy because of you.

No comments: