Sunday, April 26, 2009

Please Don't Scare Me

I am more than a little freaked at the thought of a close relative of mine going into the Army. Don't get me wrong, I whole heartedly support and am extremely grateful for American troops and the millions of men and women serving our country in the armed forces; it's just that I never pictured that this particular person would do it. Of course, I have other family that are in the Air Force and I have family members in the Marines and Army. We definitely are no stranger to service to the Government in our family. It's just that I feel strongly that this particular girl has been cornered and pushed to this decision. She is looking to it as a last resort and a solution to money issues. And while I believe that she has the heart to accomplish whatever she sets her mind to (she has surprised me more than once), I just don't feel she has the stamina or mindset to be a success in that area. I just don't know how to feel about it. I wish she would at least stay with her parents and finish her AA degree first (she's only a got a year or so left), but she is looking to the Army as a solution to those two things too so that argument is moot to her. I really don't know why I posted this...I just needed to get it off my chest. I mean maybe I am completely wrong and this is really meant for her to do and I am just worrying about nothing. But what if I'm right? That's what scares me so bad. I can just only pray that if this is not meant for her she realizes it soon enough to pull out before it's too late. I just hope that it doesn't take a trip to Fort Leavenworth for her to realize she made a mistake.

No comments: