Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eveyone Needs a Little Inspiration

Today I had lunch with the President of my university and I truly enjoyed it. She really is an inspiration and a phenomenal woman who has accomplished so much in her life, and still continues to strive for more. She's a very caring President who always makes time for her students. She encourages community involvement and enforces the importance of service to your fellow man as well as being a great spiritual leader. I almost fell over when she told me that she suffered from anxiety disorder too. She taught me some really cool new coping techniques and suggested that I try meditation to help ease my mind. She also recommended the 91st Psalms to me to read each day as a daily affirmation. I am so grateful for the hour or so of one on one time I got to spend with her. She shared so much wisdom with me and gave me great advice and encouragement for my internship period coming up this summer. She also gave me a tour of her office, it's so big lol. I got to see the photos she took with President Obama when he came to our school. That was one of the highlights of the office tour lol. Today was one of the best days I have had in a long time and it helped to lift my spirits so much. <3

No comments: