Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today Is The Big Day

I defend my dissertation today at 10:30AM and I am super anxious. I feel ready and I know my stuff but I am just nervous because I just want it to be over with so bad. I am confident I will do fine. I have all my dicks in a row and the PowerPoint is great, the paper is super solid, and now I just need to get up there and start talking. I am always ubber nervous before speaking in front of someone or a group of people, but once I get up there and start talking I love it. I thrive off of the excitement of being the center of attention and everyone listening to me. I'm like the ring leader, I call the shots (lol!). Anyways, I just finished making the final touches to the presentation and I prayed and took my last anxiety pill for the night. I am now going to go get a good night's rest because I have to be up at 6AM. I have to iron my clothes (I hate ironing...I hate professional dress. I am most happy in a pair of ripped jeans and a Ed Hardy Tee). Anyways, pray for me or wish me luck (for my dearie Heather).

No comments: