Sunday, March 1, 2009

EAT ME!

So here's the deal: I have been on a diet for about 8 months now and I have loss over 40lbs. Yay! I am so proud of myself and my progress. Although no one could tell it, I weighed 279 lbs. at my heaviest. Whenever I tell people that (people like those who have always known me), they are so surprised and say things like, "I would have never guessed you weighed that much," or my favorite, "You certainly didn't look it." God blessed me with a very well proportioned body. Even though I have always been a thick chick, I have never been that FAT chick.

I decided I wanted to lose weight last summer when I had my first ever anxiety attack. It was so scary that I rushed myself to the hospital (yes, I did drive myself lol)....twice. Even though there was nothing physically wrong with me (thank God), I saw first hand the effect that stress, poor eating habits, lack of exercise, and extensive worrying can have on your mental and physical health. I then started to exercise, eat right, and visit a Bariatric center (weight loss center). I also get special shots from there that help my body's metabolism burn more calories. Don't worry, they're completely safe and my doctor is great and I always research EVERYTHING before I do anything. It's not like something from those seemingly shady weight loss infomercials you see on the tv late at night.

I am on a 1,200 calorie a day plan. It isn't too hard to stick to because I get to eat every four hours (as long as I make sure that I stick to the 1,200). I eat my one egg, two strip turkey bacon, and St. Thomas English Muffin breakfast or oatmeal or Raisin Bran. I eat again four hours later but this time only one of my snacks (i.e. fruit, rice cake, veggies). Then I eat my lunch/brunch about four hours later which is usually a Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine Meal. Then I snack on healthy stuff, then dinner (another Lean Cuisine). I snack four hours later on more veggies and fruit (free food=no cals). I don't always eat Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine. Sometimes I eat my mom's cooking or I eat out, but I just have to make sure I portion it out right so I can stick to my calorie count=) However, most days, my diet does consist of the regiment above. Oh, and I haven't had salt or soda since last summer either. Salt leads to water retention and soda is just bad for anxiety. Now, I am human, and I do mess up a little sometimes. It always seems to be my sweet tooth that does me in lol. Those sweets always seem to scream, "Eat Me!" when I'm trying the most to be good. I love chocolate and ice-cream, so sometimes I eat a little f that bad stuff and try to make it up the next day with some extra exercise or eating a little more veggies. *Gabe smiles and looks up sheepishly* What is good though for the sweet tooth are smart ones desserts in your grocer's frozen food section. They're like only 150 cals.

Overall, I feel I have done amazingly well (I have even surprised myself with how well I have been doing) and I also believe that I will reach my goal of 160 lbs. before August of this year. I'll keep ya posted babes.

No comments: