Wednesday, March 18, 2009

OMGosh!! Summer '09 Baby!

It's official, I am going to D.C. to intern! I got the call today. I am going to actually live and work in the nation's capital! I still can't believe it. This has always been one of my dreams since as long as I can remember and it's finally going to happen...all I can say is that God is amazing. I am so blessed. The apartment I will be staying in is so, upscale. I was surprised by that. I figured that just the internship was already such an amazing opportunity that it couldn't get any better, and that I would just be staying in some rinky dink apartment complex, but that is clearly not the case. These are condos and very nice ones at that. It's got an outdoor pool and tennis courts:) It also has glass on the outside and 6 floors. I should find out my internship placement tomorrow or the day after. I am really hoping for the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) or the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Of course, if I don't like what they have to offer me in the Federal Government area, I could always defer my internship term until the August-January period to see if I can get something better that go around, but I think I would much rather go during the 10 week program during the summer. Summers can get kinda monotonous sometimes so I would like to spend this one doing something really exciting and meaningfully. This could also lead to a full time job but I am not really thinking that far ahead at this point. I just want to go and learn all I can and do the best I can while having fun too. Most people don't ever get an opportunity like this so I truly am thankful for this chance. <3

No comments: