Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Like What

Okay so in my about me and profile I list all the things I love and enjoy, but I don't talk too much about my pet peeves; I do mention I hate racism though. Racism is more of a hatred than just a pet peeve or vexation, do to some very bad past experiences. Anyway, I am going to dedicate this blog to the rest of the stuff I find annoying =-)

1.) I find it so aggravating to be told I look like someone else.
Reason: I don't look like anyone other than Gabrielle....which is who I am supposed to look like. I remember once someone told me that I looked like Star Jones.... Now, I have nothing against Ms. Jones, but c'mon, the lady is like 50 and I don't look ANYTHING like her. Someone else once told me I looked like Gabrielle Union (I think they just said that because we share the same name because I saw no resemblance between us) which wasn't so bad, but I just hate being told I look like other people period. I am an original so I look like only me. So unless you are telling me I resemble one of my parents, (which is understandable since I came from them) keep it to yourself.

2.) I don't like to go grocery shopping (love to eat but not shop for the food).
Reason: It sucks out loud to have to go into a freezing cold grocery store (it always feels like 20 below in the grocery store and always smells like celery), fight crowds, squeeze past people down the aisles with your cart (the aisles never seem wide enough do they?), and then you have to stand in a long line to check out (unless you're shopping in Walmart Supercentre at 3am, which I have done before and there were no long lines...not surprisingly). They never seem to have enough lanes open...and the other employees will see that another line needs to be opened but instead will just walk right by and pretend like everything is fine. That always leaves me fuming. Then inevitably, you get home and realize you've still forgotten to get something...

3.) I don't care for going to the dentist.
Reason: I go to the dentist every 6 months to get my teeth cleaned as recommended by the ADA, but the smells and sounds (and not to mention the taste of the tools and stuff they use in my mouth) completely nauseate me.

4.) Bra Shopping is so annoying.
Reason: It takes a whole damn day going from store to store, trying on all different cuts and sizes of bras just to find that one that 'almost' fits perfectly.

5.) I always want to bitch slap rude, really arrogant, and fake lying ass people.
Reason: Self-explanatory.

6.) It really annoys me when a d.j. on the radio talks over a song I am trying to listen to.
Reason: They get paid to play the music that people want to hear, not talk over the beginning or the almost end of a song. When I listen to a song I want to hear ALL of it, not just the parts you (the d.j.) feel are the most important.

7.) It really bugs me when the light turns yellow and I speed up to try to beat the red light, but the asshole in front me stops when we both could have easily made the light.
Reason: Because I don't like it when people don't know how to drive. If the light just turned yellow and you're less than 5 yards from it then you can keep going....asshole.

8.) It really bothers me when people who know nothing about politics try to comment on politics and political affairs.
Reason: Most people only want to talk about politics every four years, so as a result they know little or nothing about how politics operates. They end up making off base or extremely ignorant comments based on stuff they have heard from watching like 10 minutes of Fox News every night. If you don't have all your facts straight then quit trying to sound smart.

9.) I wonder why telemarketers keep calling your cell and house even after you have hung up on them and cursed them out so many times in the past? They must be extremely resilient people.
Reason: Telemarketers bug me because, if I want a service, a new type of credit card or a trip somewhere or a toaster that works under water, I will go out and get it myself. I don't need you calling me 5 times a week and asking me. I wonder why they keep calling. Even telemarketers from the same company will call me after I have expressed the fact that I don't want to ever speak with them or anyone else from their "company" again. You would think that they would leave each other helpful little notes outside the margin beside numbers where they have had bad experiences to warn their co-workers. "Note: 551-0097-7860= crazy, screaming lady. Call at your own risk. It could be hazardous to your hearing though."

10.) I don't care for junk mail or spam.
Reason: They lie, or are computer viruses of some sort, they are pointless, the ones that come through the mail are a waste of trees.

11.) I wish guys wouldn't try to hit on me with me cheesy or lame pick-up lines.
Reason: I am a grade A chick so when you talk to me you need to bring your A game. Oh, and fellas, if you make eye contact with me and I don't return the look of interest, but rather put my head down and pretend to look busy, or start rummaging through my bag...don't bother approaching me. I am most likely not going to be interested in anything you have to say...I will probably even end up hating you for it. Real talk.

No comments: