Sunday, March 15, 2009

Meet Your Match Via the Internet?

How do you find Mr. Right or Mrs. Right? Is it by chance? Luck? Fate? Is it a prayer that has to be answered by God? Can you find him or her on your own by hard work, perseverance (you definitely need this quality in the dating world), or an extreme dedication to the cause? I have wondered about the answer to this question many times (as do most single people). I know there has got be somebody out there for me. I believe there is someone for everyone. I mean if serial killers in jail can find people to fall in love with them and marry them behind bars....a normal gal like me has to have a chance right?! I know there is somebody for everybody, but I don't exactly know if I believe that there is only that one person for every individual.

I think that there are many people for everyone. There are lots of people out there who a person can be compatible with in my opinion. The tricky part is finding one of those maybe 300 people in a world full of over 6.7 billion people. Never less, it can be done. I've seen it. I think that the Internet has really opened up a lot of doors for people in this area. It is possible for a person to live in Turkey and fall in love with someone who lives in Montana, without either of them having to ever leave their house (providing they both have Internet access in their homes ofcourse). People who would have most likely never run across each other in their lifetime now have a shot at a life together. It's really amazing when you think about it. I know tons of people who have met over the Internet. Some couples worked, others didn't.

Talking over Myspace or an online chatting site is definitely easier than trying to get the conversation rolling on a blind or first date.There are, however, some things to watch out for like schemers, fakes, people who are married with five children but pretend to be single on the computer, people who post pictures of supermodels or older pictures of them before the beer gut and make you think that they look that way, etc. You would probably want to run a background check on the person before you decide to meet with them person to person to help you eliminate some of these concerns and any others you might have. I have met a boy over Myspace once...twice actually. Neither one worked out romantically but they are pretty cool people. Well anyways, the point I am trying to make is that even though it does have risks like any other method of dating, the Internet seems to be one of the most promising ways to meet people in this huge, high paced world we live in.



No comments: