Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Blog For Mama

I love Mother's and Father's Day because it's a chance for me to honor my parents and show them how much I really care and cherish them (even though I do that everyday. And so should you!) Mother's Day is a recognized day on the calendar for people to set aside and do something nice for one of the most important and prominent figures in your life-your momma. My mother is one of the most amazing people I have ever met; and I'm not just saying that because she's my mom either. She has had to overcome a lot in her past and she still managed to raise great kids and a wonderful family. She has a huge heart and is the most caring and compassionate individual you could ever hope to meet. I really do wanna be just like my momma when I grow up lol. So no matter what you choose to do for you mom, whether it be to make her breakfast and buy her some flowers and a card (like I did), or do the dishes and laundry for a day, or just give her a big ole hug and say those three words that we usually don't say enough to the ones we love the most (hint: I love you). But you don't have to just celebrate your mom on this day. Remember to also give thanks for all the other great and inspirational women who have made an impact on you. I also use this day to show my aunts, female mentors, elder women in the church who give great advice, and any other women who have contributed to my life, how much I appreciate them. So from me to all of my readers, I want to wish all the moms and magnificent women out there a very happy and blessed Mother's Day!

No comments: