Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kinda Pissed Off

So, the guy I am dating (yes, the Nigerian) is pretty cool and I like a lot of stuff about him. BUT (and this is a pretty big but in my book), I feel like he is rushing things along and trying to put words in my mouth and trying to get me to make commitments that I am not ready to make (basically because I've known him for about 2 weeks). I feel a bit like I am being scammed....but I am trying to not rush to conclusions and give him the benefit of the doubt. I really don't wanna sound like I agree with stereotypes about Nigerians about them all being scammers because I have met a lot of good, honest, decent ones in my lifetime. I just hate it when people try to bamboozle me ya know. He also calls like damn near 20 times a day. That shit has to stop for sure.

The reason I feel that he is moving so fast is because in Nigerian culture, single people aren't counted as anything. They are not looked on as having value as a member of the adult and political society. He is 25. Most people at that age are already married or are engaged in that country. I believe you can put this picture (2+2) together. I believe he likes and really cares about me and has decided that he can live with me as a wife so he's trying to get me in deep in this quickly so I don't realize what's happening soon enough and turn back. Not happening son! I am really an African Queen...Queen Bitch that is. Which means no one involves me in anything unless I want it.

And I know I don't want to be married living in Nigeria and pregnant within two years. My plans are for here in the good ole U.S. of A. Me and him are gonna have a serious talk about this and if I still feel this way, it's done. I am telling you, if he tries something the words of my dear friend Ms. Keke Montgomery are gonna ring very true for the both of us: "Someone's going to county (county hospital), and then someone's going to county (the jail)." Guess which I'll be going to. Hint: It won't be to the hospital that's for damn sure.

No comments: