Sunday, May 10, 2009

Graduation Day! (PART 2)

I have been so busy with family and friends this weekend that posting on my graduation day events and happenings slipped my mind. Anyways, here it goes. To sum it up: It was even more wonderful than I expected it to be. I had to get up at like 5:30AM because I had to be there at 7:45AM. I was late and got there at 8:10AM but I still had more than enough time to do what I needed to get done. Hell, there were people who came right on up to 15 minutes before we started to line up to walk into the auditorium. The ceremony was good and long. Good but a little too long. But when I walked across that stage (I graduated magna cum laude by the way) it was the most powerful and uplifting feeling ever. I was so proud. I think the only ones more proud of me were my family. The class of 2009 was the biggest graduating class our university has ever seen. We made history baby! It was kinda emotional too.

Me and all my friends were hugging, taking pics, crying, getting each other's new e-mails and addresses. I know we will keep in touch. Then my family took me and my boyfriend out to eat at Ruby Tuesdays to celebrate. I had a blast. The day was great! I was tired at the end of it and slept from 7:45PM all the way to 4:30AM. I have really enjoyed my time as a student at my university. When I first started there in August 2005 it felt like just a school, however as I spent more time there and made friends that I know will be lifelong friends, it began to feel like a second home. I will truly miss it. I am getting kinda teary eyed just typing this lol. I will always continue to support my alma mater (Bethune-Cookman University) morally, spiritually, and financially just like the Alumni pledge says.

No comments: