Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Sad Love Song

Okay so here's the deal, the vet at the shelter has found out that only one of the puppies is fixed (the boy), but the other one isn't (the gal). They shelter won't release the girl until she is fixed, and they can't spay her until Wednesday of next week. :( I am bummed because I can pick up the guy tomorrow but will have to leave his sister behind until next week! I really don't want to do that because 1.) I don't want to separate them since they are siblings and have always been together, 2.) I have other animals already at my house and I want to introduce them to the dogs at once so they can start bonding with both the pups at the same time, and 3.) I don't want either of the dogs to start to think they will not see the other one again and start to adjust to life without the other.

I really don't want either of the dogs in the shelter til next week either, but it seems I may have no choice. I will leave the guy until he can come home with his sister. However, I am going down to the Lake County Animal Shelter tomorrow morning and try to plead with the director to let me schedule an appointment with my vet for the girlie dog to be spayed (so the director can see that it will get done and the dog won't get pregnant and contribute to the population), and maybe she will let me take both dogs home tomorrow. I pray that is what will happen. I am so damn pissed at this whole situation because it seems that nothing ever goes the way I plan, damn it!!

No comments: