Saturday, June 13, 2009

Crafty Lady

Even though I am not really all that crafty, I still enjoy trying to be. lol. Although, my new friend who just happens to be my 76 year old neighbor, said that she would teach me how to quilt. I am actually really excited about it. She has the most beautiful and lavish quilts around her house that she has made over the past 60 years. I can't wait for my first lesson! But anyways, moving on, I just recently started making cute little kawaii style rings about 3 months ago and I absolutely love it! The cabochons(toppers) that I put on them are the cutest things: cakes, cookie jars, animals, roses, tea cups, pink punk skulls, donuts, etc. I even got some awesome Marilyn Monroe picture button cabs:) I kept one of those rings for myself of course (I am a huge Marilyn Monroe fan). I have actually sold a great bit of them and they have become really popular among my friends and my mom's co-workers and their children. I am even thinking about selling them at a couple of upcoming local craft festivals. Anyways, here are some pictures of just some of the inventory that I have left. I have sold most and am currently waiting on more bases and cabs (I have to order the ring bases from China and Japan because it's cheaper. However, sometimes they do take a little longer than I would like to get here-usually 7-14 days). Oh, and please bear with me, I am not the best photographer.











2 comments:

bumblebea said...

Great work chicky!

:P

Memories for Life said...

Those are cute Gabby...I bet they sell well :)