Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm Glad

I'm glad that it's so easy for you to lie to me.

I'm glad that MY needs and hopes don't matter to you.

I'm glad I'm always the butt of your jokes.

I'm glad that I'm your caretaker and you aren't even thankful and you'd never admit it to my face because you don't have the guts to.

I'm glad that you hate me because I want more for my life.

I'm glad that you think I'm nothing and talking to me is a waste of time.

I'm glad that you bitch to me about everything under the sun.

I'm glad that you always bully me into feeling guilty for asking for your help.

I'm glad that I move to D.C. in a couple of months so I don't have to look at you for at least 4 whole months.

I'm glad that you are supposed to be my support system but you only try to tear me down to the ground.

I'm glad that I embarrass you because I'm not in law school already.

I'm glad that I am left to my own devices to fix my broken heart.

I'm glad I'm not a winner in your eyes.

I'm glad you always told him when you swore you wouldn't.

I'm glad you threw me under the bus to protect her and her.

I'm glad that you think that you're the only one on the planet allow to feel.

I'm glad you always complain to me.

I'm glad you waste money on shit you don't need.

I'm glad that your job and that damn phone is more amazing than us.

I'm glad that when I enter a room you always look for a way to leave.

I'm glad that I don't matter to you.

I'm glad that I'm "fat" and in need of "toning up." Thanks for noticing, really.

I'm glad that I spend too much money even though I hardly ever leave this hell hole of a house.

I'm glad that all the pressure you two put on me to be perfect has caused me to develop a defect of the mind.

I'm glad that in high school when I was forced to leave my best friend behind because of bad choices she was making, you just stood back happily and applauded and said, "I told you so."

I'm glad and utterly thrilled that I had to leave my job (after years of abuse that I took so that I could help pay for the household) and work a retail one that didn't pay enough, which eventually led to me losing my apartment.

I 'm glad that when I needed you the most you bitched and moaned about helping me after I had spent my whole life listening to you like "a good girl toy soldier."

I'm glad that your favorite place to take me is down guilt trip lane.

I 'm glad that I cry myself to sleep so many nights thinking about all that has happened to me as a result of living under this roof.


In the end I KNOW in my heart that all this struggle and pain hasn't been for nothing. I will rise from these ashes and be a better woman from all that I have been made to endure. I will get back on my feet. I will beat whatever this negativity is that has a strong hold on me and my mind right now. I won't be this broken human specimen forever. I will change the world with my story and inspire and influence others to crawl from the clutches of dark despair and join the birds in the sky to soar beyond their wildest dreams. I am determined to make my journey count for something and maybe serve as a beacon of light for at least no less than one other hurt person. I will make my own path a yellow brick road.

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Maya Angelou

No comments: